30 September 2011

1.  Beckett turned 4 on Tuesday.  He started out the day with donuts (I know that is like two times in just a few weeks...I swear we NEVER have them so it is bugging me that it looks like that's all I feed my children) and opened his gifts from his bro and sis (darts and tub crayons).

Photobucket

Our gift is a Harold and the Purple Crayon date at the Children's theater but that's not until February. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he told me without a moment's hesitation "To see The Lion King and go to Gap."  Whaaaaat?  Um...do you think he realizes that he has only worn hand me downs his whole life?  So after preschool and Patti's we did just that.   

The Lion King in 3D:  success.  Gap:  disaster.  He wanted to buy a $40 sweatshirt and when we told him he couldn't he threw the first and hopefully last temper tantrum he ever has in his life.  Needless to say he left with nothing.  Not the greatest end to a great day, but hopefully lesson learned and by the time we got home he was settled and happy.  I can't believe my youngest child is 4.  Unbelievable!

2.  We are fully in the swing of our school and activities schedule around here.  We are breathing a little of a sigh of relief compared to last year's schedule.  Now that Beckett doesn't have ECFE at night, I decided not to take guitar, and E has not yet started baskeball, we are enjoying having a little more time to get homework done and get kids to bed.  Things still seem busy, but manageable.

3.  Avery is taking dance again this year.  This was a bit of a discussion over the summer because she kept saying that she didn't want to do it.  I didn't know whether to push her or not.  E made the decision for me and said that she WAS going to do it...end of discussion.  Thank God for E...she loves it as much as she did last year and comes out with the hugest grin when she is done.  She might always be my girl who needs a little encouragement to start things she's nervous about and that's okay.

Photobucket

4.  Tate is playing football again this fall.  Just as I said for baseball this summer, he is enjoying it SO much more than last year.  He has great coaches this year and is learning so much.

Photobucket

5.  Last Friday night I got to do a small photo shoot for my sis and her *gRoWiNg* fam!  So happy for you Rae and B!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment