23 September 2011

1.  Although the weeks are busy, we are loving our September weekends.  As fun as it was to be gone every weekend all summer long, it is nice to get some work done around the house, play outside, go to church, and maybe even watch a (horrible) Vikings game on TV.  We even had time to make monster cookies last weekend!

Photobucket 

Cooking and baking with the kids is one of my favorite things to do...I just wish I could find the time to do it more often!

2. A few weeks back I read on my friend Kim's blog (AKA The TomKat Studio) that she was going to be in St. Paul for a conference.  Kim and I used to spend many late nights Facebook chatting during my Etsy days.  Then I returned to teaching and her business became ridiculously huge so we haven't talked as much as we used to...but I immediately emailed her and said "You remember that I live in MN, right??!!"  We made dinner plans for last Saturday night.  A few days prior she posted this on Facebook...

Photobucket

Such a fun thing to wake up to in the morning!  Saturday was the first time we met in real life and it was like we'd known each other forever.

Photobucket

I ended up going out with not just Kim and the Tomkat girls but with 18 bloggers, many of whom I either follow or had heard of.  It was so much fun! One in particular had me giggling the whole night.  My sisters and I are HUGE Whippy Cake fans...as in we all talk about her as if we know her personally.  I thought all three of my sisters were going to die when Becki sent them all personal texts from her phone.  She said K and K are welcome out to AZ to model any time they want.  Um...do I smell girls' trip?!

Photobucket


3.  Tate and Eric went to a Twins game on Tuesday with Braxton and Gary.  E got the corporate tickets from work.  They had a blast.

Photobucket

They even got on the jumbotron...Tate told me when he got home, "I can't believe it took me SEVEN YEARS to get on the big screen!"  E said, "Tate, it took me 34 years to get on it.  Tonight was my first time, too!"  =)

4.  Wednesday night was Avery's birthday night.  Her birthday isn't until December, but after how much Tate loved going to the Children's Theater last year for his birthday, we decided to buy season tickets and take each kid on a separate date for their birthday.  The play we picked for Aves was Mercy Watson to the Rescue.  We've read a couple of the books about the toast-loving pig who always seems to save the day.  She loved it as much as Tate did.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5. Beckett has always been our most Wrigley-loving kid.  This week he kept asking me to take pictures of him and Wrigs.  Here are a couple of the best ones...

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment