7 October 2011

1.  On our agenda for quite some time has been to repaint/redecorate the kids bathroom.  I've even had everything purchased and waiting for a little extra time to do it.  Last weekend we finally dedicated some time to get it done.  It started out with E doing a bit of sanding to get rid of the swirls that were in there before...goodbye duckies and swirls!

Photobucket

After a little elbow grease and a few coats of paint...voila!!

Photobucket

2.  We finished the bathroom up pretty late on Sunday night and promised the kids we'd hang up the shower curtain before they went to bed, which we ended up doing at about 8:15.  The problem was that we didn't pay attention to how we hung the curtain and when Tate took a shower the next morning he didn't realize until AFTER he took a shower that the liner was hanging outside of the tub instead of inside.  When we went down to the kitchen, we found this and a wet kitchen counter...

Photobucket

Yikes.  The good thing was that Avery flooded the tub when she was 2 and although I've been harping on E to get the ceiling painted ever since, he still hasn't done it.  Maybe we'll hold off a bit longer just in case this happens yet again...just promise you won't look up when you're standing in our kitchen.  =)

3.  The flooding incident was a rocky start to a very busy week.  I started parent-teacher conferences Tuesday night and went to a workshop with some fellow teachers in Brainerd on Wednesday, Thursday, and today.  I had a good time and E survived with the kids...mostly thanks to Patti and the "lesson plans" I left him!

Normally I wouldn't be so stressed about leaving, but it just so happened that Eric got named the manager of the Coldwell Banker Burnet - Minnetonka office on Tuesday before I left.  He is so happy to be back in an office managing and thinks it will be a fun challenge...and a lot of work.  It wasn't the greatest timing with me being gone, but he survived and is enjoying meeting all his new agents so far. We are very proud of how hard he works...way to go E!

4.  Dressing children is sometimes fun, but more often frustrating.  Sometimes its both...like the days I lay leggings and a long sleeved dress out for my daughter to wear in the cool fall weather, and she comes downstairs in a halter top she got from her favorite neighbor, a skirt, and bare legs except for baby legs.  She obliged me by running up to get a cardi to throw on over it...but I'm still sure her teacher might have been on bright overload just looking at her.  Gotta love it...that's my Avery for you!

Photobucket

5.  It is evident on most days that while they won't always DO what you say, kids will REMEMBER everything you say.  The other day I was trying to get Tate's attention to ask him something.  Finally I walked over and tapped him on the shoulder and said "Tate!" to which he replied, "Sorry, Mom.  I guess I can tune you out just like my father."  I couldn't help but laugh.  Even when it appears they aren't, they hear and remember EV.ERY.THING.

No comments:

Post a Comment