3 June 2011

1.  Friday Aves graduated from Mount Olive Preschool. There was no lack of cute kids or songs during the program...

Photobucket 

Here she is receiving her diploma, with her graduating class, and in the receiving line with best friend Olivia...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each student had their own table to sit at for the reception decorated with their work.  It is amazing to see how much she's changed since orientation night last fall!  What a difference a year makes...

Photobucket

It made me laugh that the day they took the pictures (unbeknownst to me!) of her in her gown she was wearing the exact outfit that she was wearing the day they took those orientation pictures...see it peeking out from underneath the gown?

Photobucket

What a lucky girl to have so many people come to support her.  Grandpa Keith and Grandma Becky both were busy with planting season (what there was of one before all the rain. =(  so they had to miss.

Photobucket
Photobucket

2.  After graduation E and I ran to work and Beckett and Avery took off with Grandma for the lake.  When Tate was home from school and we were home from work, we took off, too.  It was a nice, relaxing, yet strange trip with only one kid in tow.  I think even Tate thought it was weird being alone with us, because when we stopped at Pizza Ranch and they said "Two adults and one child?"  Tate said, "Well, we usually have THREE kids, but my brother and sister aren't here." 

3.  The first Memorial Day weekend at the lake was as awesome as we thought it would be.  The best weather was on Saturday and we spent that whole day outside.  The boat made it in the water and onto the lift, Brad christened the dock with a cannon ball, the kids swam and fished, and E went skiing for the first time...all in all a great weekend!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4.  On Monday we went to our friend Aubrey's first birthday party.  I don't usually include pics from other kids birthdays because our friends are having so many kids it would take up half our blog, plus I don't always bring my camera.  This time I was assigned to taking pics for the day and this one of Avery, our neighbor Addie, and Aubrey's cousin Ariana was just too cute.  You can kind of see the red corvette in the corner coming up behind them...that is Tate and Beckett in hot pursuit of the girls.  =)

Photobucket

5.  Thursday was Tate's last day of first grade.  He had such a great year and it was amazing to watch my own kid become such a reader.  When he got home that day I said, "Tate, you're officially a second grader!"  In true Tate fashion, he said, "Mom, can we just not talk about it for the summer?  I'm not really IN second grade yet, but I'm done with first grade, so it just doesn't feel like I am in a grade. We'll talk about it in the fall."  Okay, Tater, whatever you say!  =)

1 comment:

  1. Look at Jacks' tip toes in the first picture. And I'm totally copying the cannon ball for my blog. Shpanks.

    ReplyDelete