27 May 2011

1.  Friday E accompanied Tate and his class on a field trip to the zoo.  They had a great time and came home with some good stories.  He was in charge of a group of 5 boys and they were pretty much on their own all day.  Let's just say E might have gotten a tiny glimpse into what it is like to be a teacher.  =)  He's going to keep his day job, but really did enjoy it.  I sent the camera with him, thinking that he would have someone take a picture of him and Tate so that we'd have record of them going together.  The problem with that is that you have to actually SAY THAT OUT LOUD to a Dad so that they know that's what you meant and I didn't.  My bad, E.  MY.  BAD.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2.  Friday night Tate had his first piano recital.  He did such a good job...all the kids did.  Maddie Murphy, our neighbor and the piano teacher's daughter, completely astounded us!  She was sooooo good that we couldn't stop talking about it all night.

Tate said he was shaking in his seat because he was so nervous.  I think Kerry was trying to calm him a bit here...

Photobucket

But when he got up there, he said the nerves went away and besides a couple minor glitches that probably the people that haven't listened to him practice it 1,000 times didn't even notice, he did GREAT.  We were very proud.  He even remembered to bow.

Photobucket

3.  Saturday night was my guitar recital. I tried to keep it a secret so no one had to sit through the agony of a recital two nights in a row, but E ended up telling my mom...so thanks Mom for giving up your Saturday night to sit through another recital.  I'm sure you thought those days were over, at least when it comes to watching me!

I can pretty much say ditto about the whole experience that Tate said the night before...shaking backstage, nerves going away once on stage, and went fine except for a couple of minor glitches that probably no one noticed.

Photobucket

I had to laugh when I watched the video tape.  Towards the end of the song Tate whispered to Eric "WHY is she so obsessed with this song?!"  I started laughing and told him I wasn't obsessed with the song...that I had to practice it a lot so I could play it well at the recital.  DOES HE THINK WE DON'T KNOW HIS SONGS BY HEART AFTER 15,000,000,000 TIMES OF HIM PRACTICING IT OVER THE LAST MONTH??  =)

4. Beckett and Avery set up shop in our living room this week using their Anywhere Chairs and bathroom stools to make a lemonade stand and a food stand.  I love that no matter what toys you buy your kids, they will always choose to use ordinary objects and their imaginations instead.  LOVE. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  Last night my friend Molly was in town from Kansas City.  Her, Tracie, and I ended up talking until 1 am when we finally decided we all had real life to deal with in the morning and we'd better call it a night...except for Molly who had an ice cream date with her grandparents when she got to their house!  Gotta love a grandparents who stay up later than you do!  So good to see you, Mol.  Move back to MN, pretty please?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment