10 June 2011

1.  Friday night Avery finally had her dance recital.  She has been waiting for it for so long.  A few weeks ago at dress rehearsal she got some majorly cold feet getting onto the stage...tears and all.  But once she got up there she smiled and danced her tush off.  Friday night she said she was nervous but was nothing but smiles from the beginning of the night to the end. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The recital lasted a little longer than I thought it would and the boys were home with a babysitter.  I guess Rae was snapping pics while I frantically called the babysitter to reassure her that we were in fact on our way.  Grandma Becky and Grandpa Rog were there, too, but I honestly didn't take one pic after the recital...these last few all are courtesy of Aunt Rae...thanks for being my picture wingman as always!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She was just beaming...especially since I told her I didn't buy any flowers, but her aunties and grandparents came through for her!

2.  Saturday morning I got to join my friend Mel and Team Linc at the State Fair Grounds to participate in the Baby Steps 3K to support Children's Hospital NICU.  I took most of the pics for her, so am not in many, but I did have Mel's husband Derek snap this one of us after we were done with the walk.  I'm happy to report that Linc is doing really well right now.  The power of prayer, people, the power of prayer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3.  I swear you are going to be SO SICK of lake pics by the end of the summer.  It was supposed to be an awesome weekend weather wise, so we headed out on the spur of the moment after the walk on Saturday.  The weather was in fact awesome and we enjoyed the newly finished deck {besides all the army worms that the kids collected in empty beer bottles}, the swing we gave mom and dad for Christmas, raked the seaweed that had blown in out of the swimming area {I was obsessed and could barely move my arms and shoulders the next day as proof!}, and swam a ton. Such a relaxing weekend!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had to sneak this last picture.  E and I were enjoying the night on the deck before we left for home.  The kids were all washed up and ready for the ride, so they hid themselves around the corner of the new deck and made a book they didn't want us to see until they were finished.  It was too cute not to document so I snuck through the garage and got a pic without them knowing it.  =)

4.  The kids all just finished their first session at FOSS Swim School.  For the longest time we have said we wouldn't pay that much for swimming lessons, but we have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for.  With as much time as they will spend in the water this summer, it was time to bite the bullet and pay for serious lessons (this is really no offense to community ed...there is just no way a 16 year old with 10 kids in her class can produce quality results at the ages the kids are!).  They all three did great and loved every second of it!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  I found my kids in the garage while I was making supper on Wednesday making a "Frog House."  They were working so well together (for the first half hour at least!) and had every art supply and tool pulled off E's peg board. That is one big flag for that little frog's house!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment