17 June 2011

1.  I have officially blogged a year of our life.  My first post last year was June 18th.  Now obviously I'm not saying that all of those posts have been on time....ahem....but its a year I will be able to show the kids when they're older and I didn't quit.   Don't worry, even when my posts are three weeks late it doesn't mean I quit.  =)  So back to this post that I started three weeks ago...

2.  Eric spent last weekend at Winstock with all his high school buddies.  They always have such a good time.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The next picture seems to sum up Thayne and Eric's 30 year friendship.  Eric is always trying to get under Thayne's skin and Thayne is always acting super annoyed by his antics.  Makes me giggle just looking at it.

Photobucket

Eric had Newman's Neighborhood shirts made for their whole group.  It made it easier to keep Deaner from straying from the group...or at least easier for people to return him when he wandered off.  =) =) =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

They all keep asking me when I am going to go...and although I DO think it would so fun, I think it is good to let Eric hang with his friends without me, too.  Its not that he couldn't whoop it up when I'm there...I surely wouldn't care...but he tends not to think as much about his responsibilities if I'm not.  I have zero pictures of him ever looking like this...

Photobucket

3.  E has another reason he might look that way in the above picture.  On the way to Winstock (a few hours before this picture was taken) he found out that his real estate office in Shakopee was officially closing.  While we have secretly known for months that it would happen, it didn't quite go down the way he was expecting it to, which left him worrying about his agents and his own job.  Rest assured after a week of working to get people to the best placement for them, everyone found a new home...except for E, that is.  Thankfully he has worked hard and done whatever they asked...not to mention his go-getter sunny attitude that drives us all nuts some days, but that serves him well in life...so they invented a job for him at Coldwell Banker Corporate for now until another manager job comes up.

4.  While Eric was away, I was busy teaching the kids the really important things in life.  Like, well, you know...

Photobucket

I love how Tate adds the crazy eyes for effect.

5. Monday I was officially out of school for the summer.  I am going to try really hard this summer to keep a routine and still make the summer fun.  I was talking to my friend Sue at work about how my kids lose interest in cleaning so quickly.  She said she makes a list for her kids and they LOVE it.  Um....duh!  I sometimes make a list just to cross things off.  I will even add something I've already done that day just to cross it off!  I tried it and it worked like a charm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first day they cleaned for 3 hours straight with almost no whining. As you can see, my three year old even vacuum and dusts his own room!  Since then I've added academic things to keep busy as well.  We'll have to see if we can all keep it up this summer, but so far Aves has learned to tie her shoes, Beckett can write his name, and Tate is so into the library reading program that I have to ask him to stop reading so we can go do something else...not to mention my house has rarely looked this good since Tate was a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment