18 June 2010

1. I know, you're probably skeptical. How will starting a new blog make it any more likely that I will do it? Part of the FAIL of the other blog was that it was kind of like my scrapbooks...I get behind wanting to give the story of our lives the attention it deserves (and in the order it happens!)...then it gets a bit overwhelming. I am hoping this new format will lend itself to quick, simple posts that include what is going in our lives without feeling the need to be a scrapbook in perfect chronological order. I want to keep our friends and family in the loop since every time I get on the phone it seems one kid needs a drink, another needs a band aid, the other needs a diaper change, supper is burning on the stove, the dog needs to be let out...you get the picture. I also want to be able to look at these years when I feel like whole years just fly by and remember what we did and how we were feeling during it all.

2. So why the friday five? When I was trying to decide how I'd like to reinvent how I did this, I was on a blog I read regularly and was reading her "10 on Tuesday". Jenn posts something almost every day, but she posts 10 somewhat random thoughts every Tuesday to keep people up to speed on her personal life. I loved that concept and decided it might work here...but I decided to do 5 and have them be the ONLY things I post (setting the bar low here!)...plus there are 5 of us so we can technically BE the friday five. Make sense?

3. Schoooooooool's out for summer...da da. My last day of school was Monday. We are all adjusting....I forgot that it takes a little while to get in a groove even when we don't want to much of a groove! But we've already taken care of dentist appointments, been to swimming lessons, two nights of baseball, story time at the library, and to our favorite fountain park...we are well on our way!
Photobucket

4. This would technically be from last week's five, but since this blog didn't exist last week I have to include it this week. Tate had his Kindergarten graduation. They were all so adorable, sang the cutest songs, and as they read each name they included what each student wanted to be when they grew up. Tate said a policeman. He insisted on wearing a tie to his graduation and now has us calling him "Tater, Tater, first grader." =) He's also recently lost a tooth...just growing up waaaay to fast for his mother.
Photobucket

5. Since Father's Day is Sunday, it seems only right to give a shout out to the two men I love most on this earth. They are two of the best dads a daughter and wife could hope for. I love you!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new blog!! It is the exact layout I was telling you I want to do with mine, so we may match soon :)

    I'm a Friday Five Fan, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Jess! You are always so creative and I just love looking at your updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. I'm a fan too:)
    mol

    although I guess I'm not smart enough to even post a comment...don't know why my name is Margaret...

    ReplyDelete