6 May 2011

1.  Friday night E and I were both fried.  We decided to go to Pablo's, our favorite local Mexican restaurant.  In our pre-kids years, we used to go there almost every weekend with Kelley and Gary, so we decided since we hadn't been there forever we'd call the Pankake's to see if they wanted to come.  It felt like old times!

2.  While getting ready to leave for Pablo's I overheard Tate and Braxton having a conversation that was so cute it just cracked me up...

Tate:  Brax, are we just friends or are we like best friends?

Braxton:  Best friends...you know, like BFFs!

Avery and Brielle had a similar conversation in the car on the way home from dance this week.  Avery has been pretty aware lately that she doesn't have a sister and wishes she did. I don't know where she is getting it from, but it is the one thing about our family that bugs me, too.  I am so close to my sisters that I wish that Ave had one, too.  So anyway, the conversation went something like this...

Avery:  {{fake burp}}

Brielle:  {{extreme giggles}}

Avery:  Mom, I wish I had a sister and I would want her to be just like Brielle!

Brielle:  And I want a sister just like Avery!

Me:  That's so nice.  Avery, why do you want a sister like Brielle?

Avery:  Because she laughs at EVERYTHING that I do!


Brielle:  {{more giggling}}

3.  This last week pretty much had one focus...getting ready for our garage sale.  Rach and Brad's basement was getting too full of clothes and toys, and while they are not sure they are done having kids there was plenty to get rid of.  Saturday E cleaned out our garage (which was on our spring list anyway) and Rach and I spent every night of the week getting things sorted and priced.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating because it was so fun talking the whole time.  The kids had lots of fun using the cars that we had to leave parked outside as an obstacle course with their plasma cars and bikes.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4.  Sunday morning was my last day teaching Toddler Sunday School at church for the year.  The first Sunday of every month I have taught 18 month - 3 year olds during education hour.  Beckett was in my group again this year, so its fun.  Next year he will be in Sunday School with the big kids.  There were several kids that attended through the year, but only Beckett and a little girl named Sophie made it every single month.  Beckett and I both LOVE Sophie so it was extra fun.  She was NOT interested in me taking a picture of her, so this is the closest we got!

Photobucket

5.  Thursday was my sister's 30th birthday...

Photobucket

Aye aye aye!  We celebrated with tacos and garage sale set up.  Happy birthday, Rae!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess! I've been following your blogs since your ETSY days. I was so excited to see that you mentioned having had family pics taken in Disney. My family is going in September and I mentioned doing this to my husband months ago but am not having very much luck finding information on who to contact. I was wondering if you'd be so kind to share who or where you found info! My lil ones are turning 2 and 3 this July...we took our first family vacation last Sept and got family pics taken on the beach outside of Boston. We loved how they came out and I thought this would be a great tradition. I'm all about traditions, lol. Any info is greatly appreciated! Take care and your family is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete