13 May 2011

1.  The garage sale went well, but we always wonder after all that work if it is worth it, or if we would have been better off just dropping it all off at Goodwill.  In any case, the stuff is all gone, either bought or now donated, and THAT feels good. 

2.  Friday night we went with Kelley and Gary to a Minute to Win It party with a bunch of other Shakopee people they know from daycare and preschool.  It was pretty much hilarious.  We each had to bring a challenge for teams to complete.  We drew for partners when we got there...E and I were the only couple that actually drew each other!  I didn't know at first whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Photobucket

We ended up winning the entire game and 80 bucks!  As you can probably tell from the names of many of the challenges there was no lack of entertainment.  Such a fun night with a lot of fun people!

3.  Saturday we headed to Hector to see our moms for Mother's Day.  We made our annual trip to Babe's Blossoms to get gift certificates for them and some flowers for us.   Then we stopped at Becky's work to say hi and then ate dinner with my mom.  They are really the two best moms and mother-in-laws E and I ever could have asked for.  We both scored in that department.  Not to mention how our kids scored in the grandma department!

4.  Sunday the kids and E took me out to brunch at Bonfire (yum!) and then we hit a few showings on houses in the area.  We forever have our eyes out for the perfect house close enough to Shakopee but "in the country."

Photobucket

Then the kids let me take a nap as the last part of my mother's day gift (the pic is right after my nap when we realized we hadn't taken one yet...can you tell?  LOL).  Here are some of the other gifts I got:

Photobucket
School Mother's Day projects from Tate and Aves...LOOOOOVE!

Photobucket 
Flowers planted at Patti's from the kids and a pedicure gift certificate from E and the kiddos


One of the best parts of my gift was that E planned a day off of work to stay with the kids so that I could spend the day with two of my college besties in June.  Can't wait!

5.  It is pretty normal around here for household objects to become microphones.  This particular Thursday a hairbrush and a spatula along with a play microphone became the way to perform Justin Bieber's Never Say Never...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment