3 December 2010

1.  We had a wonderful but busy Thanksgiving weekend.  As I mentioned last week, we started out at the cabin and I couldn't resist posting the pic of Beckett from Thursday morning.  He had been talking about "eating cinnamon rolls at Grandma's cabind" forever.  {I don't know why he always adds a d to the end of cabin but I love it!}  Here he is with his cinnamon roll...

Photobucket

And a pic of the kids having our "What we're most thankful for" discussion...

Photobucket

We spent Thanksgiving Day at Aunt Sally's in Glenwood.  I can honestly tell you we ENJOYED it this year...not that we didn't enjoy it other years...but I mean our kids are finally getting old enough they will go play with their cousins and E and I get to finish our meals and do a lot of talking!  Loved it!  That night it was off to the farm to hang with my fam.

2. Friday my mom, my sisters, and I attended a baby shower for my cousin Jason and his wife Sally.  Here we are right before leaving...

Photobucket

And here is a rare photo op with the Bruns boys...the closest thing any of use Pete girls will ever have to brothers...

Photobucket

So fun to catch up!

3.  After the shower on Friday we came back home to put up the tree.  As I have been saying all year...as much as I loved my babies, it is so fun when they get old enough to do things with you in a way they never have.  I have NEVER in my life put up a tree so fast or had so much help.  The three kids sorted every single branch and "fluffed" them then handed me to put them on. 

Photobucket

We had so much fun and they were so proud of that tree that we had a campout in the basement Friday night and left the tree on all night to admire.

4.  Saturday we got to celebrate my niece Finley's first birthday.  She is a hoot, that girl.  She makes me VERY scared for when she is old enough for her and Aves to really play together.  They just might be trouble.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  This has been a whopper of a week.  One of those weeks where you can only think of the things you have to do the next day so you don't get overwhelmed.  Part of our craziness is that our kitchen partly under construction finally finishing the backsplash we had intended on doing last winter when we updated the kitchen.  Then Christmas shopping came, and...well...those expenses became more important. 

Photobucket

My dad was going to be in the cities all week for a conference, so he told us he would help us come get it done.  We are almost finished and we think we'll love it and we laughed so much.  Thanks, Daddio! <3 you!

The crazy week continues right through the weekend, so we will have lots more to report next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment