24 December 2010

1.  Merry Christmas!

Photobucket

Now that all the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations have passed, I am finally getting around to posting and using the family pics we had taken this summer.  I have been toying around with the idea of changing over to colored pics...sometimes black and white tells the story better...sometimes it completely misses the point.  I like the continuity and style choice of all b&w, but sometimes I miss colored pics. 

When talking to my mom and sister about this, my mom said "Why don't you just have some of both?"  To which I said, "Mom, because I have a problem.  You know this."  She's also the one who laughed and rolled her eyes when I told her if I die to tell everyone to wear either apple green or hot pink to my funeral {with black pants of course because they're "slimming"}.  I can't help it.  Color coordination makes me happy.  There are worse things, people.  But really, that is probably what we will do....some of each.  But because I am crazy about things like this I will probably go back to the past few posts that will be included in the same blog book {I get them printed by season} and change to colored pics. Eventually.  Not tonight, but someday.

Anyway, back to the family pics.  Too too many we loved to share them all, but {more than} a few of our faves...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2.  The kids had their Christmas Program at church last Sunday.  Tate was a shepherd and Avery was an angel.  Cute cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOOOOOOVE how loud Jacks is singing in that last one.  Ha!

3.  After the program Grandma Becky hung around to bake cut-outs with the kids.  They had a blast and did end up with quite a few cookies even though at the beginning they were eating them as fast as they were baking them!

4.  We had our own little family Christmas as we traditionally do on the 22nd.  We had a candlelight steak dinner, opened gifts, then watched a movie together.

Photobucket

E and I decided this summer that this Christmas we were only going to make it "Summer Christmas"... with kids that have only fall and winter birthdays we always find ourselves with gift ideas in the summer, but by Christmas those things aren't available or we've forgotten.  We started buying a few things as they went on clearance at the end of the summer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was a little worried that they would be disappointed they didn't have toys they could use right that second {they did pick out gifts for each other that they could play with right away} but they totally surprised me by being super excited about it all!  The bikes were a hit instantly.  After we were done opening and were watching the movie the kids disappeared for a bit and came back down dressed in their swimsuits and spread out their towels and told me they were tanning.  E and I just burst out laughing. They were so excited I even let them sleep in their new suits.  Bikini for bedtime...sure!

Photobucket

5.  Yesterday was Avery's 5th birthday.  Proof that I let them sleep in the swimsuits is that while she's opening her gifts from us they are still wearing them!

Photobucket

She is one happy girl with her Tangled dress and wig from her brothers and an American Girl doll from us {which her daddy realized yesterday was JUST as much for me as her}!

We try to always find something to do as a family on Ave's birthday since we are always out of school and work.  We have a year's pass to Underwater World and had some free points at Nickelodeon Universe so we headed to MOA for the day {complete with a stop at American Girl...which may or may not have been a good idea...every single thing was "SO CUTE!"} and finished out the night with Punch Pizza and put the kids to bed early.  E said after they crashed "I feel so bad...I just realized we didn't give Avery a cake or let her blow out candles."  I am not worried...she never missed it and she will have candles to blow out next week at her party.

Photobucket

....................................

I overheard Beckett telling Aves when they were riding bikes and playing Rapunzel yesterday morning "Avery, I am just trying to get through the holidays!"  My sentiments exactly, Beckett!  A great reminder they remember EVERYTHING they hear.  We are off to the farm today.  We hope you all have safe travels and a Merry Christmas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment