3 September 2010

1. We spent the weekend with the Pankakes at the Luthens' family cabin. It was a fun weekend of swimming, jet skiing, paddle boating, fishing, tubing, eating, and playing cards. Perfect way to end summer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. On Monday Tate started first grade.

Photobucket

He has been very excited about going to school all day, but on Monday he said he was really nervous. I got to stay home for an extra hour to put him on the bus that day...I can't believe I missed him getting on the bus last year. I was so busy then adjusting to going back to work that I didn't even know what I was missing. It was emotional watching him climb on with all his neighbor friends and smile excitedly through the window!

Photobucket

He had a great first week. Before school I asked him what he was most worried about and he said "Lunch. I don't know how to pay for it." I told him not to worry, that I had already paid. On Monday when he got home I asked him what the best part of the day was...and yes, you guessed it...."LUNCH!!!" Ha.

3. I went back to work on Monday as well. I can't say I was really ready to go back, but the week has gone well. As most of you know I will be job sharing this year, which means that another teacher teaches all morning and I will teach all afternoon. This will help me get Tate on the bus, Ave to preschool, get a little laundry done, spend a little time with Beckett one on one three mornings a week, and hopefully provide a little sanity for us all. I had to be at work full time this week, but am looking forward to starting my new schedule on Tuesday.

4. On Wednesday, it was Avery's turn for the first day of school.

Photobucket

She is returning to Mount Olive where she went last year {and Tate went the two years previous to that}. She loves her teachers and that her BF Olivia is with her. I had workshops so E took her to school that morning. He did a good job snapping a few pics as I requested. Avery wasn't thrilled he was making her take pics at school when she wanted to just get down to business, but that lovely little lady smiled once he said that they were for Mom. =)

Photobucket

When I asked her what she liked best the first day she said "Everything." Sometimes kids say that to avoid answering the question, but with Ave, she's just telling the truth! She is excited to be going three mornings a week instead of two.

5. That leaves us with Beckett. He doesn't start ECFE classes for a couple weeks, and is REALLY mad we never went to an open house for him, that he didn't get to meet a teacher, and that he doesn't get to ride the bus. I mean really...check him out at the bus stop on Tate's first day of school. Do you see who is first in line?? Waaaay over on the right hand side at the front of the pack??

Photobucket

I had to explain that he couldn't get on the bus, which he reluctantly accepted only when I told him he got to go to Patti's to hang out with his besties. Now that Tate and Garrett are at school all day they are down to Patti Plus 5!

Photobucket

Hold on, Little Beckett. I can't stand you growing up any faster than you already are. You will be on that bus soon enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment