17 September 2010

1. Sunday was my parents' 35th anniversary. My mom told me this week she remembers when my grandparents celebrated theirs and it seemed like 35 years was SO LONG...but now it seems like she blinked! Ave celebrated their anniversary by wearing her "wedding dress" {aka my slip} and Mom's veil that she gave Ave for dress up a few years ago. Still looks good for 35 years, eh?

Photobucket

2. Monday Avery started dance. She has been patiently waiting for what seems like forever to be old enough to start. She is taking a tap/ballet combination class. Here is her trying on her "veotard" for Rach with a few of Rach's props a few weeks ago...

Photobucket

After class I asked her if she hated it, liked it, or loved it and she shouted "LOVED IT!" right in the lobby of the dance studio. She said she loved tap the best, which is no surprise after she has seen her aunties tap since she was born.

3. Beckett has been having some trouble falling asleep for quite some time now. He has reached that lovely magic age where the older two also stopped going to bed at night well. After putting him back upstairs several times the other night, we headed up to bed around 11:30 and found this on our stair landing...

Photobucket

We just had to laugh at a) what a blast from the past this is because Tate used to fall asleep on the landing all the time, and b) that our princess dog was using Becks as a pillow.

4. Tate is required to bring a snack for each afternoon at school. It has to be nut free and pretty much non-perishable, which we decided leaves us with goldfish and pretzels as his favorite snacks. I bought both in bulk this week and when I brought the containers home, I started to divide it into snack bags so Tate can just grab what he wants in the morning on his own. I only had to do it for a few minutes and then the boys took over. I've never seen them have so much fun doing a chore!

Photobucket

Tate opened and held the bags while Beckett used a measuring cup to measure the fish and pretzels and dump them in the bag. Too bad we packed enough to last us until Christmas, because this kept them happily busy for about 40 minutes! Maybe they'll learn to pair socks soon...

5. Today is an exciting day...my parents close on their cabin!

Photobucket

This has been a lifelong dream for all of us, and we are so excited that the day has finally come. We can only imagine all the memories we will make there. It may also not come as a surprise that my husband already has the boat parked in the garage there, even though they don't even have the keys yet. =) He asked the owner if he could drive it out there when he came for the final walk through last night. That's E for you. Even though it is going to be cold this weekend I am guessing that boat will end up in the lake...but I will let you know next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment