10 September 2010

1. After 10 days of feeling awful but swearing I would not go to the doctor to pay $20 for them to tell me I had a virus, on the 11th day I gave in. So yesterday I went to the doctor and he told me what probably started as a virus {haHA! I knew that is what they would have told me!} has turned into bronchitis and almost pneumonia. So this time my $20 got me a Z-pac and an inhaler...woop woop! Needless to say, I have been parenting from the couch whenever I'm home {there is no staying home sick for a teacher the first week of school} and I got very few pictures taken. You'll have to deal.

2. Last weekend we had the pleasure of attending Eric's cousin Blake and his new wife Katie's wedding in Montevideo. When we were about half way there I realized that I had forgotten my dress at home...I was planning on changing in the car when we were almost there so my dress wouldn't wrinkle. After a two minute melt down because I could not wear the Nike running shorts, gray tshirt, and hot pink flip flops I had on to the wedding, Eric drove me back in the other direction and went to Target, where in 10 minutes I came out with a new dress, spanx, heels, and earrings. We walked in about 30 seconds before the bride, but it was a good story. I wish I had taken a picture, but again...cough, cough, sleep, sleep...I didn't get one taken.

3. Tate officially started getting homework this week. I am much more used to being the homework assigner than the homework helper, but Tate loves doing it so it has been a pleasure! I hope he continues to love school as much as he does now.

Photobucket

4. Beckett and I had our first morning alone in, well, EVER. I started my new schedule at school and am able to be home in the mornings to get Tate on the bus and drive Avery and her friend Olivia to preschool. Then Beckett and I get to hang for a bit before I take him to Patti's.

Photobucket

It only took that first morning for me to understand why the baby of every family is spoiled. M&M's in the Target checkout aisle? Sure, why not! And I NEVER let my kids get candy in the checkout aisle...like EVER. It is the way I keep my mean mom status.

5. Beckett has also been cracking us up lately because of his obsession with his "texting phone". Kara gave him the phone last Christmas {it was left at her house during a college party and she couldn't identify the owner...she knew Beckett would love it!}. It has given us a few other really funny stories already, but this week he won't even go to the bathroom without it. Yesterday after I went to the doctor we had to even go search for it in Rach's sand box after he freaked at bedtime the night before because he had forgotten it there.

Photobucket

I caught him twice yesterday "texting"...once while he was peeing {I caught him off guard and he wasn't very happy, can you tell?} and once at bedtime when he was supposed to be sleeping. I don't really text, so I don't know where he gets this from, but it sure makes us giggle.

{{SIDE NOTE...Avery is alive and well, too...she has some big things coming up next week so she we'll get her in next week's five. Sorry Miss Aves...thanks for being Mom's cuddle buddy on the couch this week!}}

No comments:

Post a Comment