4 March 2011

1.  Last Friday night we took the kids to the carnival at my school.  I had to work at it for a while anyway.  They had so much fun and although we only planned on going for an hour the kids stayed for 2 1/2!

Photobucket

This is the only picture I took before my camera battery went dead.  Are you surprised?  Remember that Friday was really the end of the Really!?! week, so you shouldn't be.  =)  It was so fun to watch the kids' confidence as they played all the games themselves.  E and I just stood back and watched!  Tate especially loved the games.  Beckett and Aves decided to wait in line 45 minutes to get their faces painted...it was SO hot in there but it was well worth the wait!  Once we got home and charged the battery a bit they posed for a picture.

Photobucket

2.  We decided to escape to the lake for the weekend to wash a load of clothes and just relax.  We got in a few games of Pass the Pigs and the kids helped Grandpa blow snow.  I can't imagine how much we will love that place during the summer...the winter has already been so fun!

Photobucket

3.  I have gotten to read in both Tate and Avery's classrooms in the past week.   I was the Mystery Reader in T's classroom and had to give three clues about myself for the class.  Tate had NO IDEA it was me, which just cracks me up.  My clues were 1. I am a teacher  (he thought it was a teacher from his school), 2.  I have a child with the same birthday as me (he thought that meant the mom and kid were the same age...ummm....what?!  We may have explaining to do about how old you have to be before you can HAVE a baby!)  and 3.  I grew up on a dairy farm and can milk a cow (he says he had no idea that we had cows).  His biggest reason he said he didn't think it was me is because he said he thought for SURE I would let him in on the secret!  Thank you to photographer Avery for snapping the picture below!

Photobucket

Then I read for Dr. Seuss's birthday on Wednesday in Avery's class.  She knew I was coming so there was no surprise, but she was equally pleased.   Beckett was our photographer except I couldn't find the little camera that day, so he could barely hold the big camera up to his eye! A little off center, but we'll take it!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Mrs. Monson grabbed the camera and snapped while I was reading.  I asked Beckett to sit by Avery, but he was too busy playing cars with Mrs. Mornson.  They are definitely going to be buddies next year!

4.  On the way home from reading to Avery's class, Beckett said "Let's go to Dairy Queen for chocolate ice cream!"  I told him it wasn't open at 9:30 in the morning.  It did, however, open at 10:30 so we went for an early lunch.  It was the most fun hour in my entire week.  This kid is REALLY FUNNY.  And messy.  FUNNY and MESSY.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  Remember when I talked about Tate's serial killer ground hog and the influence of first grade boys??  The other day T brought home an example of exactly what I was talking about.  His class writes each other letters during writing time and Tate received this doozy...

Photobucket

It reads:

Tate, 
How is your day?  I can't finish this.  Evan T loves Jamie.  Yes.  poop pee.

It was signed by a first grade friend, but we won't name any names.  This is exactly the first grade boys' thinking I was speaking of.  Unexplainable, yet mildly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment