18 March 2011

1.  After last week's post, Rae protested that while she loved that her kids had so much fun, she was wondering why I only posted "ugly" pictures of Finley.  For one, she is not ugly, nor were the pictures.  Secondly, I had five kids to take care of, so she should be glad her kid was clean regardless of whether I got her hair done or not...LOL!  (Rach...stop reading that as me trying to make you look rude.  IT.  IS.  FUNNY.)   But because Finley IS quite adorable, I thought it would only be fair to post this adorable pic from yesterday...


Photobucket

See?  She is ADORABLE and it turns out since the trip she prefers me to her own mother.  WINNING!

2.  Last Friday I took the kids to get the boys haircut...it was long overdue.  Avery is excited to be growing out her hair, but she loves getting it cut, too, so sometimes she gets antsy at the salon when the boys are getting theirs cut.

The salon that we go to has a case with bright colored hair extensions that Avery always drools over.  The last time we were there she asked if she could get one.  I told her that she had to start taking care of her own hair.  Frankly, I was sick of her screaming while I brushed it, and she doesn't cry when she brushes it herself.  So Friday when we were there I had forgotten all about it, but she didn't.  She said "Mom, I have been brushing my own hair every day!"  I couldn't argue, because she has...but I was thinking the extension might look good in the summer when there was no school.

Photobucket

A deal is a deal.  I guess a $5 neon pink extension is a cheap trade for less stressful mornings, even if it is March.  Our hair dresser Hannah told me AFTER it was in that they last for 3 months.  GULP.

3.  Over the weekend both Kara and Kasey stayed in Shakopee as part of their spring breaks from college.  We took advantage of a sister day by going shopping with just the four of us.  When we have no kids to worry about, the shennanigans begin...especially with this girl along...

Photobucket

4.  Can I get whoop whoop for the weather this week?!  Sidewalk chalk, scooters, bikes, walks, no jackets...we are READY for spring!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. 

We have always had this rule in our house that our cereal has to be skin colored...you know, Chex, Kix, Mini Wheats, Cheerios, Life.  You get my drift. I'm trying to save my kiddos teeth here, people.   About a year ago E bought a box of Lucky Charms.  I said "What about the cereal rule?"  He told me that the cereal was actually skin colored.  I told him  no tattoos in our skin colored cereal.

Then last week I saw this post on one of the gazillion blogs I follow and thought maybe a special treat was in order.  Everyone needs a little unexpected pot of gold at the end of their rainbow, right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its amazing how a little green milk, powdered donuts, and lucky charms can raise your spirits in the morning!  It may be a new tradition on St. Patty's day around here.  I am not sure we will adopt the leprechaun trap that E and Tate spent so much time on for his assignment for school, but we'll have to see!

1 comment:

  1. You can get away with one missed Friday, but if I don't get even a small update tomorrow, you'll need to answer to this girl....

    ReplyDelete