7 January 2011

1.  We spent the last night of 2010 with our besties as usual.  We take turns with the Pankakes hosting every New Year's Eve.

Photobucket

While we were pleasantly surprised that E made it until midnight this year, we realized that we are getting old...I was drinking soda and Gary, Kelley, and E were drinking coffee by 11 pm during our game of cards to stay awake.  We forgot to take our annual picture until 1 am when they were ready to leave...can you tell the excitement was gone by then?  =)  Overall a great night...it was the first year all 5 kids made it to midnight with us and there were lots of laughs as usual.

2.   I always take all the Christmas decorations down on New Year's Day if not sooner.  Usually we have Avery's family birthday party to get ready for and get them out of the way by then.  This year we spent New Year's day playing games, putting together puzzles, napping, and watching movies.  There are still 3 Christmas trees up in my house.  Kind of makes me itch thinking about it, but still haven't had the time to take them down.  We have decided to act like this was a choice, so we have still been lighting them every day.  I think they are reaching the end of their run.  Anyone else have their decorations still up?  No?  Alrighty...point taken.  I will get them down.

3.   Tate got a game for Christmas from Great Aunt Becky called "Loopz".  At first he didn't know what it was and didn't know what to think.  Once he tried it he was hooked and so were the rest of us.  One day when Roger and Becky were over we had left the kitchen and when we came back we didn't know where they were.  We found them in the dining room having a Loopz contest.  On Sunday night Kasey and Brady got into a Loopz throw down as well.  I love how serious their faces are in these pics...

Photobucket

4.  I had to teach my husband how to open the child locks on our cabinets in the living room this week.  Equally frustrating and hilarious.  I am going to add it to our list of things that needs to be done every night.  Tate: practice piano, do spelling, read us a book, do math homework.  E:  practice opening child locks 5 times. 

5.  It has come to my attention that in my rush to get out the invitations for Tate and Avery's family birthday party that I forgot the date on the invitation.  DAAAAAAAAAANG.  I hate it when that happens.  After the crazy late-night week this has been and seeing that the party is in two weeks, I decided NOT to reprint them and am just sending them out as is with a little "Oops" insert.  If you get your invitation in the mail...please just forget that it doesn't say "Saturday, January 22nd, 2011" mmmkay? Thanks and we hope to see you then!

1 comment:

  1. First, I have purposely left ALL my decorations up for Grandma Lois' Christmas tomorrow.
    Second, even though it is 10 AM I have them lit!
    Third, bring Tate's game if you think of it. We need a few games for laughs after lunch. Thanks. M

    ReplyDelete