14 January 2011

1.  Friday, 12:30.  Just getting to zee blog.  I was getting ready to take Aves and Olivia to preschool this morning when Avery started crying and said she didn't feel well.  After taking her temperature and seeing that she was ghostly white, I decided she would be staying home and that since E had a full day of meetings that I needed to stay home today.  I am 99% positive she is having a mild reaction to the Kindergarten booster shots she got at the dr yesterday.  I quickly dropped O off at preschool, drove Aves and Beckett to my school {of course Aves fell asleep on the 15 minute car ride} to get things together for the afternoon and to correct papers this weekend, drove home and wrote lesson plans and emailed them to school, wrote the nursery schedule for church, and am just now thinking I should maybe be cooking lunch or at least getting out of my pajamas and brushing my teeth instead of blogging.  =)  Oh well.


2.  I actually don't mind all this snow that much.  I don't drive during peak hours or very far, so most of the time it isn't so bad.  But I am officially sick of it being a plans-killer...you have something fun planned and then have to cancel because it isn't worth it with the weather.  That was until last Friday night...we were supposed to head to the cabin that night but the schools out there were canceled and roads were bad due to drifting, so we decided at the last second to stay here until Saturday morning.  Just about the time we decided to stay,  Tracie called and said they were having a last minute dinner party with a bunch of high school friends.  Rach and B volunteered to keep our kids overnight.  We had a great time with Tracie, Ryan, Brent, Cindy, Brian, Jan, Jason, and Kara...lots of laughter and is always so good to catch up.

3.  After our unexpected night here in Shako, we headed out to Hector for Grandma P's Christmas and then onto the lake after that.  Kara and Brad spent the night out there with us so we got plenty of one of my favorite things on earth...

Photobucket

I could honestly listen to Kip play and sing for days at a time.  She is very talented.  She always has a new song that puts my skills to shame...this song being our whole family's current favorite that she plays.

4.  The kids and E got to ice fish for the first time this season {Beck's first time ever!} on Sunday.  E had a case of the stomach flu but stuck it out anyway.  I went out to try to snap a few pics but Tate was mad that I was stomping too hard with my boots and scaring all the fish away {I don't think it was me...they didn't catch ONE all day!} and Beckett just wanted his snow pants off so this was all they would give me...

Photobucket

Thank goodness Aves would smile for me, but I had set the lighting wrong so she is completely washed out...

Photobucket

FAIL.  So I said screw it and snapped one last pic as I was running back to the cabin to play Yatzee with my mom...

Photobucket

5.  E's flu lasted through Monday night and Aves had it on Monday, too {yes, that's two times she was sick this week and two days of school missed in case we're counting}.  When she was home she wanted to watch Ramona & Beezus about a hundred times.  I have to say...I have read Ramona Quimby books many times over the past 25 years, both as a 3rd grader and TO my 3rd graders... and in all that time I never imagined Hobart Kemp to be hot as Josh Duhamel.  Yum.  In fact, maybe I'll go fix us some pb&j and put it in one more time for my sicky this afternoon.  I MAY even get that last Christmas tree in the basement put away.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment