19 November 2010

1.  Snow.

Photobucket

Not sure I was ready for it {so glad that Target is one minute away so I can buy new snowpants with all the other moms and dads at 8:00 on first snow morning} but the kids sure had fun in it.  It also gets me a little more ready to take on the Christmas shopping, decorating, and baking.

Photobucket

2.  While in the car waiting for Tate to be done with piano lessons, Avery was practicing writing letters in the car.  She likes to write them in order, so she starting saying the names out loud.

A...B...C...

Beckett started saying them for her.

D...E...F...

He was doing pretty well, too, until he got to K.

J...K...EMMA...NENNO...P.

Photobucket

Avery and I both cracked up.  I have heard him {and many other kids, for that matter} sing the LMNOP part of the song something like that, but it totally was hilarious when he was slowly saying the exaggerated names and impatiently waiting for Avery to write them.  Now every time she writes them she giggles when she gets to that part and writes them correctly but shouts EMMA...NENNO...P.

3.  Are there moments when you officially feel like you've turned into your mother?  One of those moments happened to be Monday night at about 7:55 when Tate and I were trying to practice piano.

He was giving me grief about practicing after school because he wanted to play in the snow instead and I knew it was going to be a super busy night.  We had gotten through his Math and Spelling.  We went to dance, I made supper, etc.  By the time we got around to sitting down he was tired and so was I.  I ended up being overly short, he had tears stinging in his eyes and a crackly voice.  All of a sudden I felt like I was 8 years old and I was hearing my mother's words about putting it off until you're too tired was a bad idea slipping right out of my mouth.

Aaaah.  Okay, Mom.  I give.  You were right...and so am I.  Too bad Tate won't realize it for 25 more years! 

4.  Keeping in touch with my sisters got much more fun in the past few weeks.  It started with finally downloading Skype on my computer.  The kids are obsessed with talking to Kara and Kasey {and many nights even Jackson from a mile away!}.  Tate won't stop putting things in front of the camera to block it...you know, forks, pencils, paper.  6 year old boy kinda stuff.

5.  E is hunting again all weekend in South Dakota.  Our freezer will officially be full of pheasants.  E tried to pawn some off on Kara last weekend, but she saw the claws and gave him an official "I'm out."

Figuring he better put them to good use, he spent all day Sunday while I was at a baby shower making white pheasant chili.  I am not much of a pheasant fan, but it was pretty tasty.

Photobucket

I have to say that I am officially over hunting season and completely ready for it to be done for the year!  No more man-cations for a while.  Anyone want to go on a girls' hunting trip?  We could hunt for purses or maybe a new pair of black boots for me? 

1 comment:

  1. Snowshoe hunting season? Hmmm "Pre"sant hunting season....I have my Cert. Weapons permit so nighttime hunting would be a breeze! Heard NYC has lots to kil =)

    ReplyDelete