12 November 2010

1.   It has been pretty quiet around here this week.  The biggest news is that I knocked one of my "30 in my 30s" off the list.

Photobucket

See #22?

Photobucket

Check!  The van was getting to the point where we were going to need to put some money into fixing a few things or trade, so we decided a trade was in order.

2.  Being a guy who likes to steal my thunder, E also traded his car in.  Only he got a NEW car, not just a "new to us car."  Ha!

Actually, the truth is that it just made more sense not to have two SUV payments and gas mileage.  His Fusion payment is less and the gas mileage is awesome.  Thank goodness, too, for the free year of door ding fixes, because on the second day we had the cars one of our children {who are used to having sliding doors that can't ding anything} put a dent in E's new car.  I am learning to park a little further away so that the doors open completely without touching his car.

Thunder stealer.  =)  I have to get a copy of him with his new car from him, but in the mean time, visit his blog to see the pic and read his car buying experience if you are interested.

3.  Another exciting thing this week, which may not seem like a big deal to you but is HUGE for me, is that Avery wants her hair braided every morning.  Up to this point in her life it has been a huge struggle to even brush her hair, much less style it.  That is reserved for days I really needed her to have good looking hair.

Photobucket

So this is heaven to me...so much fun to do and she looks so grown up!

4.  We also had Avery's conferences this week.  Since I reported on Tate's, I thought it only fair to report on Avery's as well.  To be honest, with Avery's spunk we are always a little nervous about what Mrs. Monson might have to say about her, but apparently there was no reason to worry.  If anything she has gotten more shy this year {which does worry me too...that's what being a mom is about, isn't it?}.

Photobucket

We are proud of you, Aves!

5.  Well, it is now Friday morning at 9:26.  I just got home from dropping the girls off at preschool.  We had a wonderful night with the Pankakes last night celebrating Kelley's birthday at our house.  By the time they left we were too tired to do the dishes much less get out the computer to finish up my blog post.  Happy birthday, Kelley Jean!

Now off to do those dishes...and maybe eat a piece of leftover dessert.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment