8 October 2010

1. Its Friday night at 8:03 and I am just starting to write this post. E wrote a blog post over at his NEW BLOG/WEBSITE this week that said I posted at 12:01 am every Friday morning...which is USUALLY true because I write the post on Thursday and schedule it for 12:01 Friday morning...except for when our modem completely goes wack and leaves us without home phone and internet for two days.

It amazes me how much we use the internet for quick info these days {you know...for looking up really important things...like "what tv show has the hot chick from the movie we watched last night been in before?} and how much it stinks not to have it, especially when I am checking my email every 5 minutes because I am patiently waiting for the proofs from our family pics! Without further ado...this week's five...

2. Last Saturday we took my Dad to the Gopher Homecoming game as his Father's Day gift. It was actually funny because without consulting each other what-so-ever, Rach & B and E & I both decided we would love to take my Gopher alum dad to a game at the new TCF Stadium. We didn't find out we had written almost the EXACT same thing in his cards that we sent him until he told us. So funny!

Photobucket

Besides being a bit chilly {which I will take over the heat we had at the Twins games this summer any day!} it was SO fun. I love outdoor football and fall in MN.

Photobucket

3. Beckett has had a new obsession for the past few weeks. As he helps me get ready for work, he might ask me..."Mom, are you wearing UP shoes today or DOWN shoes?"...or as I walk him to Patti's he might say "Oh Mom, you're wearing DOWN shoes today!" UP shoes = high heels/wedges...DOWN shoes = flats/flip flops. Boy cracks me up.

Photobucket

4. After I was taking pics of Beckett with the UP and DOWN shoes, he asked if I would take his picture with Wrigley. Why, of course I will, Mr. Beckers...

Photobucket

Photobucket

He told me Wrigley makes a "really nice pillow."

5. It was actually quite a stressful and busy week. E was gone a lot. We had something going on pretty much every night. Not necessarily exciting stuff, but church meetings, showings, dance class, practices, ECFE, kid clothes shopping, etc.

I decided that this momma needs to put a half an hour time back into the schedule each week for me, too, so I signed up to start taking guitar lessons again. I also starting practicing again this week and I am really feeling the fact that those calloused fingers went away over my summer hiatus. I love this version of one of my favorite hymns and have worn my fingers out playing it. Every key stroke kind of feels like I'm ripping my fingerprints off as I type this!

Photobucket

{Yes, I put the wrong word in the title of the song when I printed and labeled it...I told you it was quite the week! Please read "Now" as "Thou"...I'm too tired to re-print, re-snap, re-upload, or photoshop. Another reason I need "Thy grace".}

Modem willing, I'll be back next week at 12:01 AM. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment