15 October 2010

It's TATE week on the five...

1. I finally brought my camera to one of his football games on Saturday. One problem: Kasey came to the game so the two times that T ran the ball I was talking and didn't have the camera up to my face so I missed the really good shot when he was right in front of me. Thank goodness E got it on video.

Photobucket

2. On Wednesday E got a message on his phone that the nurse at school had been trying to get a hold of us because Tate was sick. They had my cell phone number in the system incorrectly...so when E called me I rushed to school to pick him up. She said he'd been doubled over in pain for about an hour. He walked with Beckett and I to the car saying how horrible his stomach and head felt. As soon as I opened the door to the van he flopped onto the floor of the van and proceeded to puke everywhere.

I had been at my own school for Grandparent's Breakfast that morning so E had put him on the bus. I asked Tate if he felt sick when Dad sent him to school. He said, "No Mom, I felt fine until Max and I were playing tag on the playground and I ran into the pole by the monkey bars." Needless to say, we had a concussion on our hands, not the stomach flu!

He is fine but needs to be careful for a while and has to be done with football. Good thing there was only one game left. I love that he is getting a sense of humor about himself...I have been calling him Ralph all week and he loves it. LOVE that kid. =)

3. While he was home from school recovering from the concussion, E gave him the rubber band gun from when E was little. He got lots of practice and is unfortunately for my butt getting to be a pretty good shot.

Load...aim...OOPS.

Photobucket

I told him for the picture he couldn't shoot it at me, so he shot it on top of our roof. I love his expression when he saw he really got it stuck up there. E will have to take it down when he puts Christmas lights up!

4. We had his conference with his teacher last night. We are always happy to hear what a nice kid he is and how nice he is to others in class. He is kind of a daydreamer, so he has some things to work on, too, but overall we are so blessed that he likes school and is doing well.

5. Most of you know that Tate has some figures of speech that make us chuckle. He kind of talks like a 40 year old...or at least like his 33 year old dad. Right now my favorite phrase of his is "just a touch".

"Mom, I think I like tarantulas just a touch more than a daddy long legs."

or

"Dad, could I get just a touch more grapefruit juice?"

Cracks. Me. Up.

There are many other ones, too. But I can barely stand it when he says this one. He puts the right emphasis on it and it is hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment