9 July 2010

1. My kids love each other. They are the best of friends...but then 10 seconds later, the rivalry gets to them. This is especially bad between Aves and either of the boys. So last week, when T re-learned to ride his bike and was rewarded with a Razor scooter, Aves was less than happy. On Saturday, she woke up and said, "Mom and Dad, we're going to take my training wheels off today." If you know Avery personally, you can hear the matter of fact you're going to do it whether you think its a good idea or not kind of voice. So while I took the kids to get haircuts, E took the wheels off the bike. When I got home Ave immediately needed to jump on to try. I held on for a nanosecond and she was off. No looking back now.

Photobucket

Needless to say we made a run to get a pink Razor that day, too. =)

2. We decided to boycott the boat on Saturday and Sunday since it was going to be so busy for the Fourth. On Saturday Eric's mom and dad came over instead. We had a nice afternoon of talking and some grilling. The kids were nicely playing as we were sitting in the driveway just chatting and watching them. All of a sudden Beckett disappeared around the side of the house...seconds later I heard water. I started to go to see what was going on and was met with a stream of water spraying from the hose and quite the devious face...

Photobucket

3. Again, deciding to avoid the boat on the fourth, we decided to take the kids to the Twins game. It was Beckett's first game ever, and overall they did really well...it was hot but we managed to last through the 7th inning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. Monday we were hoping everyone would be back at work and took the boat out on Prior Lake. Kasey and Eric joined us.

Photobucket

Long story short, we got caught on the lake in a unexpected downpour for about an hour. The above pic was one of the only ones I snapped before it started sprinkling. The next pic I got was this one...I was huddled under the windsheild with Beckett and the only person I could really get a picture of was Eric...can you tell how hard it is raining? I don't think the picture really does it justice.

Photobucket

All we could do was keep bursting out laughing. We were definitely not the only ones that got caught out there. Kas and Eric went home in their car and brought the van back to rescue the kids while E and I waited in the rain to pull the boat out. We had to wring a few things {meaning everything} out before we could take it home.

Photobucket

We will laugh about this day for a long time.

5. The kids and I got to spend time with two of my college BFs this week. Tuesday we spent four hours swimming with CJ and Paige at CJ's brother's pool. I forgot my camera...drat. We are planning on repeating next week because we had so much fun, so I will have to get some pics that day.

Then yesterday we took Leah and Wyatt to our favorite fountain park. The kids love it there and apparently even water-hating Wyatt loved it!

Photobucket

Until next week, my friends...peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment