16 July 2010

1. Last weekend was Corn Chaff Days in Hector. Kasey and I brought the kids to the farm on Friday and E joined us on Saturday. The kids were the perfect age for the parade and loved every minute of it! Tate was the winner of the collecting the most candy. I think he got as much as all the other kids combined...not that it mattered because we threw it all away the next day...after the dentist entry a couple weeks ago I am guessing no explanation is needed.

Photobucket

Here is our entire group, plus a few other parade viewers...my dad is missing because he is busy with Lion's all day.

Photobucket

2. Sunday morning Eric was installed as a Council member at church. He is the Outreach Commissioner this year and could use some prayers to help steer our church in the right direction. There are so many wonderful people there...including a bunch of them standing in this picture...but we need great leaders to lead us to our full potential.

Photobucket

Sorry for the poor quality pic...it is hard to get the lighting right in church and I didn't want to make a big scene so I only snapped two and this is actually the BETTER of the two!

On a side note, one of Eric's fellow council members is Gary, the Commissioner of the Education committee I'm on, and has my kids and I addicted to this song. It plays in our car at least 4 or 5 times before the kids let me listen to something else.

3. Since we had the camera on Sunday so I could snap the previous horrible pic, we thought it would be appropriate to take a pic outside of Panera, which we frequent after church almost every Sunday. This tradition started when Tate was a baby. E would always be running off to an open house or off with clients, so we would quick eat as a family and go our separate ways. It stuck and now our kids wonder what's wrong if we don't go there after church!

Photobucket

E snapped this pic which I thought was cute because it shows how excited and happy they are every week when we are there.

Photobucket

Then I wanted to be out of the picture so I snapped this one, which I think is hilarious because they insist on posing for every picture. Its not like I make them take a lot of pictures {dripping with sarcasm here} so I don't know where they get it from. I blame my own mother who passed the camera always in your face gene onto me. =)

4. I have never been to Europe or used a bidet, but I have a feeling I now know what it feels like. If anyone would like to drive to Shakopee and borrow my two year old, you could go and try to use the family bathroom at Kohl's, try to hover, and then have him continue to insist on flushing the most powerful toilet known to man. It was a nice experience for a Monday...just sayin'.

5. Monday and Tuesday were just too beautiful not to be on the water. I should have really been getting ready for our upcoming vacation, but summer is too short to waste with laundry and cleaning!

Monday afternoon Kas and I took the kids to the beach. It was the PERFECT temperature and sunlight.

Photobucket

Then on Tuesday we spent another fun day at CJ's brother's pool and this time I actually remembered the camera. Kasey, Leah and Wyatt joined us, which made for even more of a party!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for the fun water days, girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment