2 July 2010

1. I can see! I can see! And there are no glasses in sight! I actually had a newer form of lasik called Epi-Lasik, which is in the long run supposed to have less side effects, but in the short run it takes a little longer to be able to see. After a relatively easy procedure and a super fun day with my mom last Friday {it has been YEARS since we've been able to talk uninterrupted for that long} and a good first couple of days, Sunday and Monday were a bit painful and kind of left me feeling like this:

Photobucket
{my niece Finley Dana, 7 months)

The worst part was not being able to see well enough to drive until Wednesday. Thanks Kip and Kas for the limo service to my doctor appointments!

2. The kids were really interested in the whole eye dropping thing. I realized this when Avery called me into the bathroom during her bath on Tuesday night and told me she was "making her surgery eyes better".

Photobucket

3. Bedtime one night this week...

Beckett: Mom, will you lay with me?
Me: Sure, for a few minutes.
Beckett: I love you, Mom.
Me: I love you, too, Beckett. You're the best.
Beckett: No, you're the best!
{I smile and then close my eyes so he'll try to go to sleep. He grabs my face.}
Beckett: Mom, you're supposed to say, "No, Beckett's the best!"
Me: Oh, sorry. No, you're the best!
Beckett: Okay. Goodnight, Mom.
Me: Goodnight, Beckett. =)

4. Tate learned to ride bike with no training wheels last fall. Then this spring Eric put him on the bike and starting talking to a neighbor. Tate forgot how to brake and fell. E put him back on the bike, pushed him off again {without reminding him HOW to brake} and continued talking to the neighbor. Tate falls. Again. FAIL. End of Tate getting even close to his bike.

This was extremely frustrating. He was SO scared he couldn't even talk about it rationally. I tried. I begged. I even tried to bribe. All to no avail. I finally sort of forced him last week with a lot of help from Kasey. The first day I held on to him and had him ride from our driveway to our neighbor's driveway. This slowly progressed over 5 days time until Tate was completely riding all over the place.

Photobucket

We can't keep him off his bike. We are so relieved and so proud! We can now return to our regular almost daily family bike ride. Here was our first on Sunday, when we rode all the way to the Hoversons and back!

Photobucket

5. Grandpa Rog celebrated his 35th anniversary at the bank on Wednesday. We got to go out and visit him and have a few refreshments. Congrats, Grandpa Rog!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment