9 March 2012

1.  Last Saturday my parents came to watch our kiddos and we spent the night downtown with the Pankakes.  We often go on vacations with Kelley and Gary, but this year that was not in the budget.  It was such a fun night...stayed at Graves 601, ate and drank the evening away, and finished the night off at Acme Comedy Club where I literally couldn't catch my breath because I was laughing so hard.  I didn't bring a camera, so you'll have to settle for this pic Kelley snapped with her iPhone.

Photobucket

The kids had just as much fun with Grandma and Grandpa...they had the Hoves over and also saw The Lorax.  Thanks, Mom and Dad!

2.  "Not in the budget" as I said in #1 is being said around here a lot these days.  We are almost done with our Financial Peace University class that we are taking at church.  It has been a huge time commitment on Sunday afternoons but I think I rarely have done something so productive in my adult life.  We are excited to finally pay off our school loans, our cars, and our basement loan and then start saving for the kids for college.  Saving money is fun when you have a plan!  Seriously.  We even have Kara started on it and not even totally against her will.  =)

3. Tuesday night I had conferences and E was left to get the kids from Patti's and get them to where they were supposed to be.  I called on my way home at 6:45 and they were just sitting down to supper.  I said, "Did you at least let Aves eat before dance?" and the other end of the line got quiet.  Apparently cooking supper and homework got so busy they both forgot.   Dads aren't very good Moms...just sayin'.

4. I am on an organization kick.  Watch out, crap-we-don't-need-in-the-closet...your days are numbered.  By the end of my spring break I am hoping to have every cupboard and closet in our house organized.  Some of you know about the Dymo label maker loving side of me.  =)  Every time I organize something I get mad that I didn't take the time to organize it sooner.  So far I have spent countless hours organizing every picture in my house (getting rid of doubles, sorting by year, getting rid of negatives, etc), organized my fridge, and did an overhaul on the laundry room.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What...you didn't want to see the inside of my fridge?  Sorry...I have to have some kind of memory that it once was in perfect order.

5.  It has become apparent in the past few weeks that we now have two little readers in our house.  Avery's fluency has just taken off and she is obsessed with reading books and writing notes with words she has learned how to spell.  I couldn't love it more.  Beckett is getting the full benefit because he can now ask both Tate and Aves to read to him, too, when Mom and Dad are busy with other things.
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have been trying to casually sneak in a pic when they are reading over the last week.  Today Tate finally said "Mom, why do you keep taking a picture of us reading?  You better not be putting that one on Facebook!"  I assured him I was not...I didn't tell him it was in fact for the blog.  ; )  That's better, right?

1 comment:

  1. You ARE very organized! I am so impressed (but you may have some issues too - the jury's still out on that! :) )

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete