23 March 2012

1.  Eric has been saving for a new grill for a few years.  He picked his new one up on Friday evening and of course took it out immediately and started putting it together...which left a huge box for the kiddos to play with.
Photobucket
They had to have spent about 6 hours between Friday and Saturday making it into the perfect house...they cut windows, made shelves, added a roof and a floor, and Avery even fashioned a computer for the place.  I think I will have to hunt a few huge boxes out this summer to keep them busy!

2.  Saturday was a busy busy day {babysitting, basketball, birthday party,  and dinner and a bonfire with friends} but the boys and I headed out to visit my Grandma in Buffalo Lake in the afternoon.  This past Monday would have been my Grandpa's 81st birthday and I have been working on a project to give Gram.  I took all the pictures we used on the picture boards and the talk my mom gave at his funeral and made her a book.  Each kid and grandkid has their own page of memories and pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I really love how it turned out {except for one picture I used twice...grrr!} and she loved it, too.   She just kept rubbing his picture on each page.  We all miss him so much. 

3.  Sunday morning a little after 6 the phone rang.  I immediately knew what this meant.  I have been "on call" for Tracie and Ryan to take Aubrey when Tracie went into labor.  Later that day Keira Elise Groshens was born.  So excited for them all! 
Photobucket
Photobucket
4.  Wrigley turned 10 on Tuesday.  He didn't think it was as big of deal as I did.  He wouldn't even smile for a picture.  I can't imagine that he didn't like the party hat or something. 
Photobucket
Amazing to see how much we've ALL changed since that day we brought him home!
Photobucket
5.  On Tuesday night Tate came home with good news and bad news.  The bad news was that there was an incident with 9 second graders using spit to clean off some laminated sheets at school and my son happened to be one of them...ugh.   After dealing with that sitch he got to the good news that Mrs. Lauer, his music teacher, had told the class that Tate was keeping them together for their program on Wednesday...he knew all the words and sang in tune the loudest.  We take the good with the bad, eh?

Wednesday at his program he took her words very seriously.  He was all business.  He didn't even look at us, which I am sure was hard since Beckett was being very squirrelly in the front row.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After the music performance, Ms. Morales had the kids put on a fair for the parents.  Each group of kids had a booth that was a carnival game inspired by Charlotte's Web, which they just finished reading.  Tate and his group made a web out of a hula hoop and string.  The object was to get a spider to stick in the web.
 Photobucket
Photobucket
We all had a great time.  It is so fun to get a peek into what your kids do all day!

6.  BONUS!  It has been such a busy week I couldn't narrow it down to 5.  Beckett's Art Fair at school was Thursday morning.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Phew.  That's a lot for one week.  The kids and E are on Spring Break next week.  I am hoping he will remember to take a few pics...heck, maybe I'll have HIM write the five next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment