20 August 2010

1. Last Friday we had the annual basketball party for the team that Eric plays on and sponsors during the winter months. It is fun to see them all when its nice out for a change. There was no shortage of kids running around, which is always a joy for us! Even a few neighbors joined in the fun by the end of the night. Here is the NSH team with E's idea of a themed cake {BAHAHAHA}...

Photobucket

2. She did it. She acutally did it.

Kasey moved out.

Goodbye to guacamole. Goodbye to giggles at 1 AM while watching stupid YouTube videos. Goodbye to running with a partner. Goodbye to an extra set of eyes and the 19 year old energy to keep up with my kids. Goodbye to watching Design Star on Sunday nights with someone who likes HGTV as much as I do. Goodbye to abnoxious laughter in public places just to embarrass my little sis. Goodbye to writing to each other on FB when we're in the same room just to hear the other one laugh.

What a great summer. Avery kept busting out in tears on Monday saying "But I didn't WANT her to move out." What do I say to that? I just bust out into tears too and said "Me either!" and gave her a hug. We are all adjusting. Miss you already, Lucy Lyssa.

3. This is making me crazy this week...

Photobucket

It is actually a pic of our office...I am in the process of redecorating and moving into E's office with him. He doesn't work from home anymore so it has been kind of a place to throw everything we don't know what to do with, which we both hate. Plus, we have grown tired of going to our respective computers on different floors of our house after the kids go to bed. We don't get to see each other enough the way it is, so it would be nice to talk as we worked when the kids are sleeping!

If the stencil and all the touching up I have to do doesn't send me to an early grave I will post pics of what it all looks like when it is finished. It will be worth it, right??

4. Tate and I got to meet his teacher yesterday so that he could read to her before school starts. She is very nice and of course Tate had no problems jumping into conversation with her. He is relieved that a couple of people he knows are in his class this year. I can't believe that school is coming so fast!

5. Although Beckett's birthday isn't until the end of September, his party is this weekend. We decided to combine my nephew Jack's and Beckett's party this year so people didn't have to travel down to Shako quite as often. Jack's birthday was a few weeks ago, so this is sort of in the middle of their birthdays and I have the added bonus of getting it done before school starts.

Photobucket

Beckett told a cashier at H & M this week that Rachel Golden {my Etsy BFF} was making him "a monstew shewt for his monstew pawty." I'm sure they really cared. Ha! He watches for the mailman every day to see if anything has come in the mail for the party and no one has escaped talking to him about his party that has come within 50 feet of him...speaking of...I need to get back to working on party decor while he is sleeping and not obsessing over everything I bring out! Lots more pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment