13 August 2010

1. The SSS {Shakopee Sister Summer} is almost over. Kasey moves out on Monday morning. I can only bear to type this. If I say it out loud my entire household will surely burst into tears.

We decided we needed to take one last opportunity to go out all together. So Friday night we dropped off the kids, loaded up the boat, spent the evening on the lake, and finished with some cards at the Hoves'.

Photobucket

We decided to bring the boys along, too...mostly because we can't load the boat in and out of the water ourselves. Just kidding, boyeeez.

Photobucket

Your boyfriend's so hot, Kas. Get a room. =)

2. Saturday it was off to Balsam Lake for CJ's birthday. We were happy that Balsam Lake didn't care that weather.com said it was supposed to storm ALL DAY and decided to have beautiful blue sky and sunshine all day instead!

Photobucket

We finished the night off with dinner and a few cocktails, dice, and laughs at our usual BL establishments.

Photobucket

3. Sunday I was in three states between breakfast and supper. We woke up in Wisconsin, I dropped E off in MN and picked Kasey up and headed up to her new apartment in Fargo to drop off some furniture and do some decorating. I think Kas and I might just be funnier in North Dakota. Or maybe WE just think we are...but we laughed A LOT. MAN I'm going to miss this girl. *tear*

Photobucket

{P.S. This pic is not from our trip. One of my kids hijacked the camera and took this of her this week. But it makes me laugh just like she does. I know she'll be so mad, but what is she going to do, move out? Oh...that's right.}

4. 7 kids + Cold Stone + McDonald's Play Place = The most delightfully disjointed conversation ever!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tammy is a friend of mine from grade school/middle school/ high school. We haven't actually SEEN each other since I was pregnant with T and she was pregnant 1with her 2nd daughter, Emma. We now have a total of 7 between us that range from age 1-8. We've talked so much over email and facebook that it doesn't seem like it could be that long. It was so good to see her in person again, even if every conversation was interrupted by someone needing to go to the bathroom, being stuck at the top of the play place, a dirty diaper, etc. etc. etc.

5. My parents made this pic their wallpaper on their computer for a while this year. I love it. Then yesterday Rach used it on her blog. I thought it only appropriate to include it here today, too.

Photobucket

Dana Alyssa Peterson
9/23/77 - 8/12/87

How can 23 years seem like a lifetime and just a few seconds at the same time??


2 comments:

  1. OK Jess, two comments. One, I am positively sure my four daughters could get a boat in and out of the water if they chose to, ha.
    Second, I totally understand about the lifetime and moment thing and totally don't understand that myself but thanks to God that good memories don't fade! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i love your pic of all the kids-Serious craziness....but nevertheless we met in person! Priceless! That pic of you sisters made my heart skip a beat! Love it. Tam

    ReplyDelete