Summer 2011

Sooooooo...


hmmmm...


where to start.

This was supposed to be a 8 July 2011 post with pics from the lake on the 4th of July.  There's lots of reasons its not.  This summer was harder than I thought it would be for numerous reasons...knee surgery among other things that I won't bore you with.  I did however have lots of fun spending time with my kiddos...they are little nutballs who are growing so fast.

Okay, so did you make sure you went to the bathroom and got yourself a snack?  This is going to be a long one!  I'm talking like 108 pictures, peeps.  Here's the summer overview...the five from the summer. 

1.  The lake...

I know I've had plenty of pics already, but ask any of the kids and the very favorite part of the summer would be running off the end of the dock at the lake.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2.  Baseball...

Tate played Nearball two nights a week again this summer.  Eric enjoyed coaching with Gary again this year.  We were so excited that HE was more excited about it this year.  No more bird watching!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Avery played Teeball two mornings a week.  She had lots of fun and is a great hitter...her least favorite part is that she had to hit off the tee!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Beckett, though not old enough to play organized ball, spent lots of his summer playing.  He is definitely the baseball enthusiast of the house.  After Tate's games we would have a Newman family game til the sun went down.  All he wanted for his birthday this year was real cleats and a Twins jersey.  I see quite a few years at the field for this little fella.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3.  Hair cuts...

After fighting with Avery for months about brushing her hair, I finally had enough of the fight and got her to agree to chop her hair.  We started out slow but have gone shorter since.

Before
Photobucket
After
Photobucket

While we were there, Kasey talked Beckett into a much shorter cut as well.  He seemed to grow up in 15 minutes!
Photobucket

4.  Friends and fam...

The time spent with friends this summer was fabulous.  All five of us are blessed with great people in our lives.
At John and Sara's pool with Paige
Photobucket
At the ballpark with Brielle
Photobucket
Collecting Treasures at Gigi and Grandpa Merle's
Photobucket
At the Corn Chaff Days Parade with Addie and Livi
Photobucket
At the Lake with the Pankakes
Photobucket
Photobucket
At National Night Out with the Culdesac Kids
Photobucket
With Grandma Lois at Kara's Grad Party
Photobucket
At CJ's Cabin with Molly, Leah, and CJ
Photobucket
At the Savage Fountain Park with the Preschool Crew
Photobucket

5. Beckett's birthday party...

The end of summer now means Beckett's birthday party.  Because we celebrate with cousin Jackson whose birthday is August 2nd, we have their birthday right before school starts so that it is the middle of the birthdays.  An added bonus is I get it done before I go back to school!  Rach and I have so much fun planning together.

This year we had a Go Dog. Go! party based on one of our favorite books of all time.  I can still hear my mom reading it to me!
The Birthday Boys
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Decor
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Do you like my hat?
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Go, Dogs.  Go!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A Big Dog Party
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Guest Book
Photobucket
Photobucket

Other Random Party Favorites
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Did you make it through?  I'm impressed.  Enough for tonight.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Woot woot, an update! I love that it's so long it takes up the entire page :) Nice work, Newman. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the party! Amazing job and so clever!!! Your kids are going to just LOVE looking back at all of their fabulous parties someday.
    - Michelle
    I DO invitations by michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make that cake? I am hiring YOU to do my kids bday parties! (you make me look like a slouch!). I LOVE the summer/lake pics! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happened upon your blog because I am planning a Go, dog. Go! party for my son. You did a great job! How fun!! Can you tell me how you made that ladder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel Figg....my sister found a bamboo ladder and we just spray painted it!

    ReplyDelete